Abbaye aux Dames

Founded about 1060 by Mathilde, wife of William le Conquerant. It was consecrated by Guillaume on 18 June 1066, in the middle of preparations for the invasion of England. The church of Saint-Trinité) is open to the public, but the abbey buildings themselves now house the administation of the Regional Council of Basse-Normandie (since 1984).

After the revolution, parts of the church were used for storing forage, and the Abbey was used for housing troops. In 1823, it became a hospital. One of the abbey's most famous residents was Charlotte Corday.