Opened 1859 to Derwenlas. Length 6 miles 44 chains. ( to Aber ??)
Closed passengers 1931 , goods 1948.
Corris stock sold to Talyllyn, also apparently nocturnal forays to steal metals etc.
Notice overbridge west of Mach station.
Standard gauge arrived in 1862.
In 1863, closed line to Derwenlas and steam introduced, and sought to run these trains at 10 mph. Transshipped to Mach and then on to Aberdyfi for shipping. permission in 1864
The Corris Railway was taken over by Imperial Tramways of London in 1878; following a boardroom coup Imperial's offices moved to Bristol in 1892, and Imperial sold the Corris to the GWR in 1930. Although Imperial and the Bristol Tramway Company shared offices and the bulk of their directors, they were not the same company and the Corris Railway was never owned by the Bristol Tramway firm.
Locos came in 1879. Official pasenger services started in 1883.
In 1920s hit by competition from GWR bruses operated between Mach and Dolgellau.
Taken over by GWR in 1930 although probably more for its motor buses.